Anambra state Police command arrests fake Army officers

ANAMBRA STATE POLICE ARRESTED TWO FAKE ARMY










The Anambra State police command has arrested two fake
soldiers, who were caught allegedly dressed in complete army
camouflage.


The suspects, Joseph Donga and David Otto, both from Benue
State, were arrested on March 9, 2020 at Ozubulu in Ekwusigo
local government area following intelligence report received by
police operatives attached to Ozubulu police division.



Anambra State Commissioner of Police, Mr. John Aban said
yesterday during a press briefing at the police headquarters,
Amawbia that the matter was still being investigated.
Joseph, who spoke with reporters at the police headquarters
said: ” My father was a soldier, I am a barrack boy. So, I have
been wearing it in my father’s absence, I am not a thief because
I only wear it to show off to friends.
“I got caught when I visited a friend and he was seeing me off,
and along the way, I saw a soldier whom I thought I knew.
” When I greeted him, he started asking me questions and it was
then that I was arrested.”





The CP said one major factor responsible for the overall
successes recorded by the command was the support of the
people of Anambra State who, he added, were always ready to
cooperate with the security agencies, as well as the robust inter
agency collaboration in the state.



.”It is my belief that the recent approval by the Inspector General
of Police, IGP Mohammed Abubakar Adamu to recruit special
constabulary in various communities to complement the efforts
of the police will further enhance safety and security not only in
Anambra State, but the entire nation as well.
“We are indeed in an era where community policing remains the
vogue and the people we are serving continue to demand for
excellent service.,” the CP said.

Post a Comment

Please Select Embedded Mode To Show The Comment System.*

Previous Post Next Post